Red Bird Valley Kitchen Now Ready to Open!

On December 8th of 2017 me (Travis Adkins) and Meredith Asher received our “Better Process Control School” certificate. Allowing us to operate a commercial kitchen properly. We are also more then happy to announce that our commercial kitchen is now ready to use.

The Red Bird Valley Kitchen was approved to open to the public by the KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services Department for Public Safety Food Safety Branch on 12/21/17. We’re super excited to watch and learn new things and teach our community how to make jams, jelly’s, butters, etc.

Would like to thank our Red Bird’s Maintenance Department for helping us to install all the equipment and making sure they work properly. Would like to thank Red Bird’s Work Camp for building and installing our cleaning cabinet. Would also like to thank KCARD for helping develop our polices and user agreement.

“Red Bird Valley Kitchen”

“Red Bird Valley Kitchen”

“Red Bird Valley Kitchen”

“Red Bird Valley Kitchen”

About the Author:

My name is Travis Adkins. I am 23 years old. I was born in Harlan, KY to Donna and Lonnie Adkins. I come from a big family of 8 brothers and sisters. To me family is everything. In 2000 we moved from Harlan to Leslie County Where I attended Beech Fork Elementary and then later I attended Red Bird Christian School. Growing up in the Appalachian Mountains I learned a lot. One thing in particular was working in the garden with my dad, Lonnie, before he passed away in March of 2010. We would till up a gardening area so we could plant potatoes, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, cabbage, etc. Dad taught me a lot about all of that and how to be a good worker. He always said no matter what you do, do it to the best of your ability. My mom and dad was always encouraging us, along with raising us in church and setting a good foundation. In 2015 I gave my heart to the Lord and I try my best to do what he would have me to do to help people or try to lead someone to Christ. Not long after I gave my heart to the Lord, I met the love of my life, Kendra. I am now married and currently anticipating the arrival of our son, David Bentlee, in September of this year. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm all about the good Lord, my family and a hard worker. I thank God for all he has given me and I am excited to see what plans he has in store for me and my family in the future.

Leave A Comment