Hi, this is Justin Brock at the Red Bird Mission Grow Appalachia. This week has been interesting. I went up to the Brushy Fork Annual Institute held at Berea college. I meet a lot of new contacts, I learned many new ways to help out in my community and took a track on beginning grant writing. The track was very informative. I learnt that there is a grant out there for everything. You just got to know where to look and apply.

They had a dance night where the college folk dance club came out played music and got people that attended and danced with them. got some pics of that thought it was fun to watch.

rbm ga

dancing

dancing

dancing

dancing

While i was there I heard many inspirational story’s on how people brought there community’s from nothing to some of the best places to live just from attending the Brushy Fork Institute. They meet people, got the info, got inspired, and got it done. So I think if you didn’t attend this year you should try looking into it next year.

A Garden related tip i learned this week was when it comes to the end of the year and you have green tomatoes and you have to pick them before they get rip. you can wrap them up in a newspaper, set them in a brown paper poke and let them sit for a week or two come back to them and you’ll have ripe tomatoes.