Since we have been blessed with plenty of rain this year I thought I would give you a couple of recipes to try when you are stuck in the house listening to the rain. They are simple but delicious!

The first one was a big hit with the men in my family, simply drizzle some olive oil in a casserole dish, layer thinly sliced potatoes and onions with a layer of cherry or grape tomatoes on top, sprinkle your favorite shredded cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper. I added a little Italian seasoning to mine and I also drizzled a little more olive oil over the tomato layer.

The next one is an easy peach cobbler; to two cups of fresh peach slices, add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp of almond extract. Set aside! In another bowl, mix 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of milk, 2 tbsp. of baking powder and 1 cups of sugar. Set aside. Melt 1/2 cup of butter in 8 x 8 casserole, then pour in liquid mixture with peaches on top. Do not stir!! Bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees.

Enjoy!