Hello, my name is Alex Sanders and I am the Site Supervisor for the Grow Appalachia Gardening Program at Project Worth Outreach in Menifee County, Kentucky.

Even though we should give thanks every day of the year it is this time of year that most people take time to really think about why they are thankful for the many blessings in their life. I am thankful for many things in my life including my GOD, family, health friends and employment among many, many other things. This what I would like to write about this week.

I am thankful for my GOD for all the blessings he has bestowed upon me and my family. When I try to count all these blessings, I lose count because of there are so many. I am thankful to Him for allowing me the privilege of being born in the greatest nation on earth, the United States of America. A country that is protected by the greatest collection of men and women who protect our rights and beliefs even if it means the giving of their own lives. For this, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am thankful for the love of my life, Marsha, who has put up with me for 36 years even though I not sure that I could have put up with me for this long. I am truly blessed to have experienced unconditional love for these many years. Our marriage has been an and rewarding partnership.

I am thankful for my son. I am one of the lucky Dads that really was blessed to have a son who did not cause many problems for anyone and has loved and respected his parents without fail. He has done just about everything that we have asked of him. We know that we must have done something right in raising him because people are always telling us what a nice and helpful young man he is. I am thankful and truly blessed to have a son like Adam.

I am thankful to John Paul DeJoria for establishing the Grow Appalachia Garden Program. I am thankful that he continues to fund this program. I am thankful for David Cooke, CEO, Grow Appalachia Garden Program for all the work he puts in on behalf of John Paul DeJoria and all the organizations that make up the Grow Appalachia Garden Program. I am thankful for Mark and Candance (Thank GOD for her as she has bailed me out of more than one jam). I am thankful for my job at Project Worth Outreach as the Grow Appalachia Site Coordinator. I am thankful for all the organizations and the friendships I have made in the Grow Appalachia Garden Program. I am thankful for all the food that has been harvested through the Grow Appalachia Garden Program. I am thankful for all the friendships I have made through the Project Worth Outreach Grow Appalachia Garden program as well as all the participants of all the Grow Appalachia Garden Program. I am thankful for the possibility this program will continue and prosper for many years to come.

I have only mentioned a few of the things I am thankful for but there are many more. I want to wish everyone, especially those associated with Grow Appalachia a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be safe in your holiday travels and think about something you are thankful for every day of the year.