Hello everyone. This is Alex from Project Worth Outreach in Menifee County, Ky. Hope everyone is doing well this week.
My nephew, Ben Hall
A few weeks ago I told you about how my eleven year old nephew was trying to barter with some of his classmates. Well, he came to me this week and told me that he had finally reached a deal with one of his classmates. He said it had taken a little while but he had reached a agreement with a girl in his class. At first they discussed a lot of different vegetables before making a decision. The girl, according to Ben, had kept changing her mind about what vegetable she wanted to barter because her parents kept changing their mind. Ben said he didn’t think it was her parents changing their minds because this girl was always changing her mind about everything. Ben said he had told this girl that he wanted to receive corn and she started out wanting tomatoes, then cucumbers, the green beans, then back to tomatoes before she finally decided that she wanted green beans. Ben said she told him that she wanted a bushel of green beans for 6 ears of corn. Ben then said, I told her that she was crazy and that my uncle would never agree to this trade. Besides, my aunt and uncle have learned to can and they have gone nuts canning everything they can get their hands on. They have canned green beans, tomatoes, pickles, pickled corn, green tomatoes and tomato juice. So, I know they will never agree to your offer. Ben told her I will give you a bucket of green beans for a dozen ears of corn. Ben said it took her almost a week to accept this offer because she changed her mind like 100 times. Ben told me, “Girls are like that”. Ben said it took a while but it was fun to finally agree on what and how much to barter. Next year I hope I can do a lot more bartering, said Ben. But I think I will try to do my bartering with the boys in my class instead of the girls because they change their minds to much.
I hope you enjoyed Ben’s bartering adventure as much as I did. I think he’ll make a good business man someday. I told him that next year he will have a small garden and he can barter, trade , give away or sell his own produce. I beleive he liked that idea because he told me that he was going to get some great deals next year. I wish him luck.

Ben and his brothers Zach and John                 
Well, that’s about all I have for today. This week’s recipe is listed below. I hope everyone has a great week.
Country Casserole
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup diced green pepper
1 {16 oz.} can pork and beans
2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 slice {about 1 oz.} sharp process cheese, cut into 4 triangles
In a skillet brown beef and cook onion with green pepper until tender; stir to separate meat. Pour off fat. Add beans, macaroni, juice and salt. Pour into 1 quart casserole dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until hat; stir it up. Top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Makes about 4 cups. Enjoy.
Geneva Powers

I submit these recipes as they are given to me. Please feel free to substitute healthy ingredients whenever possible.