2023 is up and running here at St. Vincent Mission. We have already had our first meeting and I was surprised to so many to come out and be interested in our garden program. We have been ordering and getting things fixed and ready for the new year.  We were able to get one our past interns, Austin Ford to design a Garden t-shirt for participants.

This being just my second year I feel as if it’s my first. The stress and running around of getting everything put together and in place. This month I was able to attend the Grow Appalachia conference at Berea College. It was first time I had ever been there. The conference had so much information I was able to use this year as guidance. My favorite part was getting to meet so many new people from everywhere. I was able to meet my regional family while I was there and it was nice to put faces with names. I was able to get with other group members and work with exchanging seeds and dealing with a program that allowed me to get seed potatoes for all of my participants. These next few weeks will be interesting to see what the year starts bring to us.