Summer has begun and as the hot days get closer and closer, we need to find ways to stay cool. We all know that farming and gardening are not easy jobs especially when it’s ninety degrees and it just keeps getting hotter. So today, I can hopefully help to inform you on how to stay safe and cool on these hot summer days that are just around the corner.
There are tons of ways to stay safe under the sun. Some of these would include wearing a large brimmed hat to shield you from the sun, being sure you drink lots and lots of water to stay hydrated, and bringing cool snacks along such as frozen melon cubes or frozen berries. Oh, and don’t forget your sunscreen. You can find other ways to stay cool on farmersalmanac.com.

cows

Some of the best advice I can give you is to make sure you take breaks from your work. If you begin feeling nauseous or dizzy, take a seat inside. Cool off. Do NOT overwork yourself. The summer heat can even be dangerous sometimes. Hey, maybe you can even take a swim like those “chill” cows if the heat gets to be too much.
I hope I have given you some useful information. Just remember, staying safe is the number one thing on our “To Do” lists. Thanks for reading!