IMG_0832 IMG_0619

Summer is here! Tomatoes, zucchini and squash are growing! Flowers are blooming! Although classes are out, The David School is still busy! We have service groups in and out each week, preparation for shifting classrooms has already started, and a garden business continues on. I was on vacation the first 3 days of last week…but that did not mean that progress in the garden halted to a stop! As mentioned before, we have hired on 3 student workers for the summer. Their summer schedule was planned to begin on June 9th, but when they heard that I was going to be out of town, 2 of the 3 were able to come in each morning and tend to our crops! When I got back on Thursdaymorning I was given a full report; which included only good news. Michael and Sam watered, weeded, built up rows, fed the worms, strung tomatoes, planted carrots & corn etc! I was so proud to hear how productive they were. A quote from our Facilities Manager: “They were busy the entire time they were here.” For those of you who wonder about the work ethic of our younger generations…there is hope! If you would like to see it for yourself, just stop by The David School.