Celery grown from rerooted storebought celery

Frost damaged fall crops

Frost damaged fall crops

Frost damaged fall crops in the high tunnel.

Things have wound down here to a slow crawl. We had temps in the low teens here a couple times the last 2 weeks. The crops in the high tunnel and field have frost burn but are mostly ok I think. I don’t know if they are going to fully mature yet though. The mustard family looks done for. The stuff in the greenhouse, high tunnel, and low tunnel might make it. I pulled a Kohlrabi in the big garden and it was delicious. My grandson and I put a nice blanket of leaves around them the 1st night of big bad frost and it looks like it really helped.

Several of us are about half way through the Master Garden classes UKY extension service is doing.

I had to share the picture of the celery plant I rooted. I think it’s the thing I had the most fun with this year. I saw how to do it on the Volunteer Gardener in the spring and after 3 tries got one to root. After it rooted I planted it in my raised bed. I just harvested a stalk at a time to enjoy until the big frost. It has sooooooooo much more flavor than regular celery. It’s hard to see in the pic but it’s surrounded by the Chinese cabbage, Tat soi, and Bok Choy that reseeded itself from my spring garden. I’ve been having the best stir fries.

A very very Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Sue