our youngest helper and his Dad monday nite loading leaf mulch

youngest worker 2

Blown over tool shed.

Blown over tool shed.

shredded paper from squash garden

shredded paper from squash garden

shredded paper in cemetery fence

shredded paper in cemetery fence

tool shed inside

tool shed inside

corn and beans

corn and beans

Bee flower bed

Bee flower bed

high tunnel tomatoes

high tunnel tomatoes

high tunnel from door

high tunnel from door

high tunnel cabbages

high tunnel cabbages

mid high tunnel

mid high tunnel

cukes high tunnel

cukes high tunnel

from the back of the high tunnel

from the back of the high tunnel

It’s crazy busy times at the garden here. I’m sorry I haven’t blogged more. first I just want to say what a great group we’ve got this year. We get so much done at each workday plus there are many who come and work other times. I think the garden looks the best it ever has since the beginning. I think we have everything planted now. And in spite of it being droughty things are growing pretty well. The pictures of our youngest helper Jameson and his Dad Casey were taken at our Monday night work session mulching the tomatoes and peppers. I’m glad to say we finished that job. It looks great and I get so excited to get a job like that done because it helps keep the weeds down, moisture in, and protects tomatoes from soil splash during storms. Monster storms like we got last night. As you can see from the pictures the high tunnel is going crazy. We are harvesting summer squashes and will soon have cabbage, cukes’ and tomatoes. We enjoyed a lot of spinach and kale out of there up until recently. Watering it has gotten hard its so full, the drip lines didn’t work very well for us and so saturday I put in soaker hoses and so far that seems good. I could go on but will stop for now. Sue@LMU