Bluegrass Domestic Violence Program
By C

This week was okay. I watered the greenhouse and harvested some strawberries. The fruits and vegetables grew a lot within the last week. Weeding the strawberries was very difficult because they grow in patches and intertwine between the roots and the vines. The jaundice weed was also difficult because there are so many and they’re so small. Overall, I rate this week about a five because it wasn’t as fulfilling as the previous week. This is my last week that I will be working, and it’s going to be hard to leave the peaceful scenery. I like the layout of the landscape and I love the whole idea of people being able to work in the garden. Like Christina said, it is a character building project. I have learned a lot of terms to use in a garden and  have also learned a lot about flowers. My mom was very excited about the batch I got to pick for her for mother’s day. Thank you guys for the wonderful experience.  (23 May 2013)

This post is part of a series written by survivors of domestic violence who are participating in our farm stipend project.